Position Overview: Virtual Assistant
This position’s primary focus is to create an organized and supportive environment for our team and our business as a whole. The role is also a support role for our founder, to help her stay organized and on task as she creates new content (both paid and free) to support her customers and potential customers.
Our ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail, can spot a missing comma in an instant, has experience writing descriptive summaries and knows how to communicate in an organized and efficient way. Discretion and confidentiality are essential for this position.
This role is a virtual role. This is a part-time, contracted position that reports directly to our CEO/Founder, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
This position may involve working some evenings and weekends from time-to-time.
Anyone working to build their own online business is not eligible for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
Our Virtual Assistant will be responsible for ongoing support for our business and our team.
- Oversee customer support via mail
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings between the client and customers
- Manage multiple email and social media accounts
- Upload weekly blog posts to Wordpress with descriptive summaries
- Upload weekly YouTube videos with descriptions, tags, and subtitles
- Prepare blog posts for weekly distribution
- Create relevant social media posts based on weekly lesson
- Support director with research for blog posts, video scripts, and marketing opportunities
- Assist in developing processes, procedures, and checklists to stay on task and help team members do the same
- Consistently follow existing procedures and adapt to new ones put in place
- Review and proofread email, materials, and blog posts prior to distribution for accuracy
Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Can handle tight deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills / Ability to create strong relationships with team members, vendors, contractors, customers, and key people from other organizations
- Organized to a fault — you’re never without a checklist and you love developing new ones
- Able to develop and document procedures to streamline efforts (for yourself and for team members)
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go
- Technologically savvy + experience with Wordpress and YouTube
- Can handle direct feedback and course-correct as necessary
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously — gets things done, meets deadlines and keeps promises
- Insane attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate
- Ability to present ideas and metrics clearly and concisely
- Extremely flexible
- Coachable/no ego — happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Ability to secure, manage and allocate resources at all times
- Strong ability to solve problems (creative problem solving)
- Not locked into working traditional hours (9-5), but embraces an “until it gets done” attitude
The Virtual Assistant position will have a strong pulse on the business, staying in the know on top priorities, while focusing on the specific action items that keep the business moving forward on a daily basis. If you feel you are a strong fit for this position, see the details below!
Essential Experience and Qualifications
Please note that we’re serious about these minimum requirements and will not consider anyone who doesn’t meet them.
- 2 years of VA experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated writing and proofreading skills
- Familiar with Wordpress and YouTube
- Must live within a U.S. Time Zone (GMT -5, -6, -7, or -8)
Location — This position is 100% online. You may work for a home office or while traveling but you must always be in a location that is quiet and will not disrupt our live video classes in any way.
Equipment — You have your own computer or laptop that is fast, reliable and virus-free. You will need to install Google Drive, LastPass, and Zoom.
We’re looking for someone who cares about our mission and our clients; someone who really wants to be on our team and who embraces what we do with enthusiasm.
Additional Experience & Qualifications — Preferred
- Experience living abroad or working with non-native speakers
- Experience learning a second language
How to Apply
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please complete the application using the link below and be sure to include:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- A 3-minute video introduction (We will not review videos longer than 3 minutes).
- Answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work with us?
- Why are you the best person for this job?
If you’ve got talent burning a hole in your pocket, wishing your job really made use of your skills, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
Meet Annemarie & Speak Confident English
Annemarie launched Speak Confident English in 2014 to help women around the world discover their voice in English and gain the confidence they need to get jobs, share their expertise, communicate with colleagues, develop meaningful relationships, express their ideas, and live daily life comfortably in an English-speaking community.
At SCE, we act more as coaches and confidants to students seeking social mobility, career opportunities, or comfort in a new English-speaking home: moving to Canada to build a better life and seeking new friendships; adjusting to life as a refugee; working as an executive director and advocate in a human rights organization; a new opportunity to lecture in an international university program; or starting a new company and working with international clients.
Our team works to bring compassion, support, and kindness to the life of each client while also providing practical instruction in how to develop confidence in English.
Our Team Values + Learn More
- Demonstrate our love for our clients and our work: We surprise and delight in all we do.
- Do good in the world and our business
- Do the right thing: We show up with our best selves and lead by example.
- Exceed expectations: We don’t do things halfway.
- Establish trust and keep it: We say what we mean and do what we say. We deliver on our commitments.
- Lead with compassion and kindness
- Keep things simple: Clarity is powerful.
- Celebrate every success
To make the most of your application and get noticed, we recommend getting to know Speak Confident English. Here are some great places to start: